It was built on the occasion of the Universal Exhibition of 1929 and housed the sector of Metallurgy, Electricity and Motive Force. In 1931 it became the headquarters of the Trilla-La Riva Studios, as the rectangular floor of the palace offered the ideal conditions to host one of the largest movie sets in Spain. The film studios functioned as the first professional sound and dubbing platform in the country. Only a year later, in 1932, the first silent film was filmed and in 1935 they shot their first sound film, 'El secreto de Ana María'. In the 40s there was a large increase in the number of films shot and in 1956, 'We are not alone' was filmed, the first film shot in the innovative scope system.
From the 1960s, the use of the facilities returned to its origins as the venue for exhibitions and events, and in the 1990s the Metallurgy, Electricity and Power Plant Pavilion was expanded with several annexed areas